12 July 2009

Taking a break

So Sam is half-way through his 4 week break from school and I have thoroughly enjoyed having him around all-day! This most recent Friday Sam decided he was going to cook dinner and desert... I was completely thrilled until I realized that I didn't have anything to do while he was cooking... The result was me going through my make-up bag for various lipstick samples and trying them out....on Sam! (He's such a good sport!)

I think red is his color...don't you? :)

Since the break from school extends to all children in NSW, this vacation has also given us some great opportunities to have some fun activities for our church branch here. Since I am activities coordinator and Sam has experience in setting things like this up, we decided on having a talent night for the church and community. The turn-out was great and we had entertainment ranging from a Monty Python song ('I like Chinese') to poems, singing, and instrumental pieces. It was such a great success that people are already planning their pieces for the next talent night this December! I felt very blessed to work with Sam in creating such a fun, family-oriented night. Hopefully the next one will be just as fun.... :)

This isn't the best photo but it's showing Sam's brother Ben on bass and his sister Naomi on piano.

Not only have we been having adventures with make-up and music, Sam has also taken advantage of the break by rising early most mornings to fish off the rocks by the ocean. Thus far he has caught 2 fish and we have been wrapping them in foil and trying all sorts of flavoring methods. This last time we tried orange slices with oregano and basil...yummmmmm! The following pictures are from Sam's early morning trips. One morning he saw a shark and some dolphins...so cool! :)

The first fish that Sam caught...

A great picture of the beach during sunrise

The sun rising over the sand

We were totally excited to find a tiny little bat in our shed...he is awesome!!! Check it out! We have also posted pictures of Snoopy now that his hair is growing out (he's such a cutie now) plus pictures of me and Sam racing around the yard on the ride-on lawnmower and a little mini motorbike! I am learning to LOVE mini motorized vehicles! SOOOOO fun!!!!!

Look at his little piggy nose! We love it! Bats are so cool!

Our little cutie pie, Snoopy... giving you the puppy dog eyes

Curly cutie

We have a huge yard so we get to use a borrowed ride-on-mower to cut the grass...so fun! I totally can see the excitement in lawnmower racing...ha ha


Flying by on the little motorbike we are borrowing...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

More updates sooon!!!! :)

3 comments:

The Coopers said...

You look like you are going so fast on the motorbike! I love that you think that the bat is adorable, only biologists love bats :) The beach is beautiful! I really need to figure out a way to come visit you.

Sara W said...

oh my gosh, i laughed out loud. i'm glad you're having fun! and the sunrise was GORGEOUS. who could say that there is no God?
love you.

The Waltz's said...

SO FUN! I love the picture of you on the motor bike. And the beach was beautiful, I WANT TO BE ON IT RIGHT NOW! That's my new happy place ;)