07 March 2010

Katherine Gorge

Here are some more pictures of the beautiful area we are living in here in the Northern Territory! This weekend we headed out to the Katherine Gorge to see it in all it's 'wet season' glory. It was breathtaking and colorful! We went late in the afternoon and ended up walking just a short 4.3 km to a lookout where we caught the sunset over the water. We finished up the evening with a delicious dinner at the gorge cafe where we ate burgers and great fish and chips. We will be going back often to try different loops and see more of the beautiful scenery so keep posted!

This sign is warning us not to swim in the gorge this time of the year...there are saltwater crocs about and you don't want to run into one of those! We want a picture of one...but taken from a long...looooooong way away! :)

"The Mountains are Calling and I must Go"... this one's just for you mom! :)

Look close! There is a green parrot in this tree!


5 comments:

Sara W said...

I love your pictures! Beautiful home you have.

Cymmon said...

That pic of the tree on the rocks is cool as!!!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous photos Mandy! Can't wait to see more. :)

Eve said...

Beautiful photos! I watched "Australia" a few weeks ago & thought of you lots! I hope you're having an awesome adventure in your new home and life! :)

The Waltz's said...

I totally had Crocodile Dundee flash backs when I read the thing about saltwater crocks...and, frankly, now I'm a little nervous for you. Lol