
And for all of you who haven't heard the story leading up to this international life-altering move... here's the short and sweet version!
Me and Sam met on a website (cliche but true)! He was coming over for a summer camp and wanted to meet new friends to show him around while he was visiting! I wrote him back and told him I would love to have him visit so he could see M-town and the beautiful Rocky Mountains. We started flirting and sending emails frequently soon after and I was hooked! Although he wasn't coming over until the summer I had an opportunity to travel over to Australia so I emailed him and asked if he would mind if I dropped in... after all, I didn't want another woman snatching away this amazing man I had just met! I spent the next 20-ish hours at airports, and on airplanes, trains, and buses. It was insane! When I arrived in Bega to meet Sam it was late and raining. The rest of the travelers slowly left as their rides came and picked them up and I was left sitting on a bench, in the rain, with no cell phone reception... Turns out they had changed the bus stop location and Sam was waiting just a couple blocks away thinking I had stood him up! He finally found the right bus stop and we traveled back to the Parker house. I don't remember much of anything from that night...the bus and train ride had completely wiped me out! Sam later told me his family was just impressed that I was still smiling after all the drama (when in doubt...smile and nod...it always works!)
I spent the next week bonding with him...we hit it off immediately! Our first date was a canoe trip and jog to a beautiful ocean inlet. It was incredibly romantic! I saw my first kangaroos and we watched little puffer fish swimming in and out of the inlet! There was even big beautiful jellyfish in the lake we canoed across...


The rest of the week was filled with all sorts of fun activities...we went to Sam's brother's wedding, his nephew's 1st birthday party, and camping on tiger-snake island! By the time I had to leave we knew that we had something special!
Here are some other pictures of us motorbike riding, camping with Emily and Kevin, and our trip to the Bega cheese factory with Cymmon.







2 comments:
Love the blog! You know I will be keeping up with you!!!! Love and miss you, Sara
It is SO good to see what yu two have been up to. We will love watching what's going on! Wish we could have been there with you onyour special day!!! Love you both!
Post a Comment