01 January 2009

Update Numero Uno....

So I am EXTREMELY behind on my blog but here's a quick recap of all the craziness that happened after Sam and I initially met..... so via the miracles of Skype (best program ever!) Sam and I were able to talk every day from his computer to mine. We starting reading scriptures together and would spend hours a day just talking and laughing and sometimes just sitting together and enjoying each other's company. Only a couple months after we met 'down under' Sam flew over to the states to work at a Jewish summer camp in New York where he taught water-skiing and wake-boarding for several months. I flew over to visit him (and had quite the adventure getting stuck at the Altlanta airport) and spent an exciting weekend helping Sam out on the lake.

Did I mention it rains A LOT in New York? Yeah...this is after getting caught in one of many torrential downpours...

My lodging at the summer camp...

After camp ended for Sam, he flew out to Memphis to support me while I finished my masters thesis and was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on after getting pounded in my thesis defense (no worries...I passed with flying colors...it was just a bit stressful to say the least). After defending my thesis, Sam and I jumped in the car and took off for Colorado and some much needed relaxation. Here are some of the adventures we had in Memphis and in Colorado...

The above pictures are of Sam and I at the Memphis zoo checking out the good food and fuzzy bears...

In Salida at the top of 'S' mountain with my mom

Some random Salida art found on the hike up 'S' mountain....

After mom's we traveled to Estes Park and spent time in Rocky Mountain National Park with my dad

Did someone say not to feed the animals? Obviously people ignored the signs...this little guy came right up to us to share our lunch.... I didn't even have to zoom in to get his little chubby cheeks!

No comments: