18 January 2009

Cruisin' on the coast


So I realize there are absolutely no wedding photos up of us yet, but Sam's sister is still in the process of getting us the digital copies, so we will be sure to post them asap for you! :)

Anyway, Sam and I were married in the Sydney Australia LDS Temple on December 9, 2008 at noon accompanied only by Sam's parents, his brother and sister-in-law, and some close church friends. It was a beautiful ceremony and I felt so blessed to be able to be sealed to Sam for time and all eternity in the gorgeous Sydney temple. I was now officially Mandy Parker and me and Sam were looking forward to starting our new life together as man and wife, and as eternal companions!

Before heading home for our big, blow-out reception at the Parker house, we traveled to Tuross Head Resort, a nice little beach resort about 2 hours away from home for a short honey moon. We rented a little house right on the beach for 2 nights ...and although it was windy the whole time, had a great time walking the beach!

The picture above is of Sam holding a little cuttlefish we found on the beach!


Sam and I taking a candid photo on our long beach walk


The view from our beach house at Tuross Heads.



Cheesy, yes...but we thought it was cute!!!!

After a fun stay at Tuross Heads, we started out on our second leg of the honeymoon which was to be a 100 kilometer bike ride (on elcetric bikes thankfully) from Tuross heads to home, with one overnight stay! Considering I had only been on a couple rides in 10 or so years I was pretty proud of myself when I completed the first 60 km on day 1 and completed most of the 40 km the next day! My les were killing me! But it was really nice getting to spent time with Sam, see the beautiful countryside, and take part in a sport that is so important to my new husband!


Day 1: Just leaving Tuross Heads


While I struggled just to pull myself :) , Sam pulled a trailer he cleverly designed that held all of the stuff we had brought with us for the trip! The trailer weighed upwards of 50 pounds and gave Sam a good workout the whole way home! :)

No comments: