skip to main |
skip to sidebar
In the Land Down Under
I flew out to Sydney, Australia on Nov. 2 and straight into the arms of my fiancee! It was a long long trip but it was good to be back with him to start preparing for our sealing in the Sydney temple and start getting used to living in a different country. Sam greeted me at the airport with a big smile and a fresh picked rose from his mom's garden. The only mood dampener was that apparently while I had been flying to Oz, my cat, Osiris, had died of unknown causes. It broke my heart...but Sam was a willing shoulder for me to cry on.....
Below is a whole collection of random photos from the many adventures I had. My time in Australia was just long enough for me to start figuring things out before Sam and I had planned to fly back out to Colorado to spend Christmas with my family.
My baby, Osiris... Forrest (my other kitty) went into a severe depression after Osiris died...we will all miss him a lot!
This is just after arriving in Sydney. Sam and Emily picked me up from the airport and we made a quick stop by the Sydney LDS Temple before starting the 6 hour drive home.
Soon after I arrived in Australia, our local church decided to have a BBQ down at the beach. The food was delicious but it was freezing outside!
Cymmon, Toby, and I at the BBQ. Don't let our smiles fool you...we were cold! :)
Needing some much needed together time, Sam and I headed to the beach for a date.
Mine? Mine? Mine? he he!
Even though Thanksgiving is an American holiday, my sister-in-law helped me cook up a great dinner for my new Aussie family to enjoy! We did quite well! I was very proud of us! Cymmon even made a pumpkin pie from scratch!
Sam tearing up the track at our friend's the Wright's house!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat! That is so very sad!
On a happier note, the other pictures are really cute!
oh my gosh! no! what in the world happened to osiris? :( sad!!!!!!!!! i almost cried when i read your post. he is in kitty-heaven. maybe he was depressed when you left him? wow, i'm so sorry to hear that. looks like you're getting settled in australia. i love you bunches. i need to meet sam at some point in yall's life. =)
Post a Comment