As always, the last two weeks have been filled with some creative and exciting adventures. First, Sam and I went our second date outside the house. Most of our dates have been relaxing around the house and spending quality time together but this time we adventured out to do some bush-walking! There were no trails, just Sam, I and our hiking boots! Since we are short on money and therefore fuel, we took the motorbike down some gorgeous roads to get to our final destination! I think date number 2 was a big success!
On one of those long nights where Sam was up late working on homework and I was just putting around the house, there was this gorgeous sunset on the lake right outside our front window. I ran out and had to snap a picture! It is a wonderful reminder of the beautiful creations our Heavenly Father has given us for our enjoyment! He is by far my favorite artist!
Not only did we have a gorgeous sunset, but we had several days of moon-less nights... that means it is the perfect conditions for a little wade in the lake to catch prawns! This last Saturday, Sam's family all gathered at our house at 10 pm to have a giant family prawning night! We split up into pairs, one net per pair, and chased prawns for an hour. Although it was warm and we were having a ton of fun, we finally had to come home since the bucket got so full we couldn't fit anymore in! We kept trying to put a couple more prawns on the top but we finally gave up when there were as many jumping out of the bucket as we were putting in! We will have some good food for awhile! Yum!
And finally......These last two weeks have finally ended with a big celebration...I finally got my visa paperwork in and have a bridging visa. Me and Sam are out almost 3 grand in fees but on the plus side this means that I won't have to go home when my original visitor visa expires on April 8! YEA! It also means we are one step closer to getting my temporary residence visa and with it, the ability to get medical coverage and working rights! Please keep us in your prayers during this crucial time and thanks for all your support thus far!
3 comments:
Exciting times! You'll be in my prayers. I miss you.
Sounds like the best kind of date activity to me! Way to go!
That picture of the sunset blew me away! What a perfect picture from a perfect night. Heavenly Father sure has an eye for beauty. I'm so glad he shares it with us is such stunning ways!
Prawns from the lake! YUM!!! I'm coming over for dinner! :)
Super exciting that the visa paperwork is finally going through! That's taken a long time and a ton of money! You two are constantly in my prayers and thoughts!
Looks and sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I'm glad you got your bridging visa and hopefully you can get your residence visa soon.
I miss you tons! Keep blogging! I love to read about your adventures.
Post a Comment