08 September 2009

Birthday Celebrations

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY SAM!

To celebrate Sam's birthday (August 11), I arranged a secret birthday celebration for him! We started off with a dinner of salmon and prawns
and then put on the party hats to get in the mood for cake and presents. Since Sam doesn't like regular cakes I decided to open up my Betty Crocker cookbook and see what I could find. I decided to try a Boston Cream Pie (which is really a cake with custard filling and chocolate). I made everything from scratch..unfortunately I made too much custard for the middle and then insisted on trying to put it all in, so the cake ended up 'leaking' from every side! But it was still pretty tasty!!!!!! Next time I'll try and make it more visually appealing...and just as tasty! :)


Sam couldn't even wait for a fork to start trying it out! Always a good sign!

I love this picture! So, I made Sam wait to the very end to open the present I bought him and this was his reaction! He was extremely excited and surprised! And what else would he be this excited about except lights for his bike!!!! (Which is fun and usful since I always worried after he would go riding at dusk and come home bleeding from 'running' into trees!) The lights were Ay-up lights...only the best for my honey!

Still holding his lights....couldn't get them off him!
Happy birthday honey! I am glad you had a wonderful time!!!!!!

2 comments:

Sara W said...

I love the leaky cake with the sparklers- makes me laugh. You're so cute. Christopher's bday is Oct 12... he'll be 27. Man. Well, tell Sammy Happy Bday for me! Someday I'll meet him.

eckleinman said...

looks like those date nights are working out for u! congrats!