
Whoa! Prepare yourselves...there is a whole slew of pictures coming up! But there were just too many good ones to cut them down any further!
Sam and I just finished Term 1 of the school year out here in Beswick, NT! It was an enlightening and fun (and sometimes stressful) first Term. We are learning to love the community and the people here more each day. We are so blessed to have this opportunity and cherish each moment of it.....
of course, that doesn't mean that we don't like to get away once in awhile! :)
To celebrate Easter and the birth of our newest nephew, Dylan, Sam and I travelled back to good ol NSW for a week vacation. It was far too short of a break, but we packed in as much as we could and had a great time!

Holding my new tiny nephew Dylan! What a cutie! And already showing signs of following in his big brother's footsteps as being a 'perfect' child!

And here are the other nephews and niece! Affectionately called Decibal and the Tornado twins (for their ability to turn a clean house into a disaster scene in moments), we enjoyed every moment with these cuties. We were met each day by cries of, "Mandy, watch this....Hey Sam! Watch this" (Who knew they could come up with so many new tricks in the few short months we were gone?)

We spent hours in tears at Hayley's newest game of 'blow raspberries on the window'. These will be good photos to pull out for the first boyfriend! :)

In between raspberries.... she is an angel!
Since we were near the beach and the weather was beautiful, our first stop was out at Lake Wallagoot for a day of sun, boating and waterskiing! Of course I'm not in any of the pictures because I was the camera woman...but I swear I was there!

Toby being a lifeguard on the beach!
Brea and Liam
Dominick with uncle Michael

Hugs for mum... Naomi with Hayley and Dominick

Sam getting some serious air on the wakeboard...
Battle of the brothers...Sam and Michael fighting it out on the bodyboards! I unfortunately missed snapping shots of the wipeouts...but there were some good ones during this battle :)
Me, Cymmon and Debbie out at Tathra beach! I was sick with a cold so I just hung out in the sun with Cymmon and baby Dylan while Sam went surfing
I know it's blurry but it is a good shot of Sam surfing so I had to put it in anyway!
After a great (and short) trip it was time for us to head home! We left Sydney at 9:30 pm and didn't get into Darwin until 1:30 the next morning....yawn! Luckily the kind people who were watching our cute puppy let us crash there for a couple hours before we started on the 4 hour road trip home. Before we left Darwin though we made one last beach stop at Casurina beach. It was incredibly hot (in the week we were gone I forgot how muggy it is up here) so we only stayed long enough for me to chase down some soldier crabs and some hermit crabs!
Soldier crab #1....he's cornered...now what?
Dig like mad!!!!!!
This burial takes only seconds.... they are the masters of hiding!
Soldier crabs running like mad... they must be camera shy....
One cool (and slightly grouchy) hermit crab. He kept trying to pinch the nearest finger
So that is a 'quick' snapshot of our vacation! Now on to Term 2! Wish us luck!!!!!!!
6 comments:
Look like y'all are having a good time!
I hope you're feeling better.
1. I'm convinced you married Superman. Is there any sport that man can't do?
2. The crab photos with comments made me laugh outloud.
3. I miss you.
No...no...I don't think there is any sport he can't do...it's kindof annoying. I've had to get used to be second best in everything! lol! :)
It looked so fun! Someday I REALLY will post more pictures too. Lol, thanks for your comments ;) Soldier crabs are SUPRE creepy looking...really spider like. We miss you!
By the way... I was really impressed with the awesome wake boarding and surfing shots. Totally know what you mean about it being annoying...I taught Bri to snowboard back when we were dating and now he's constantly giving me crap! BOYS!! ;) not to mention the 8 million other physical activities he kicks my butt at.
Post a Comment